Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fluffy Sheep

After taking a two week hiatus for Elliott's birthday party preparations, I'm baa-ck!

Make these fluffy sheep from recycled materials.

You will need:
  • Toilet paper roll, cut in half
  • Handful of cotton balls, cut into quarters
  • Glue
  • Black felt
  • Googly eyes
  • Black pom-pom (one per sheep)
  • 4 Black pipe cleaners, cut in half
How to:
  1. Cover toilet paper roll with glue.
  2. 
    Don't come to my house unless you want to work! I make my friends pitch in!
    
  3. Cover roll with cotton balls.
  4. Cut sheep's head out of black felt. Attach googly eyes. Glue to roll.
  5. Glue black pom-pom to sheep's butt.
  6. Twist pipe cleaners into spirals. (I twisted ours around a pencil.) Attach to roll to form legs. (I punched holes into the roll and poked the legs through.)
Thoughts:
You never know how craft time during a play date is going to go, so I tried to find an easy, short craft so the boys could get back to playing. This was pretty lame, but Elliott and Christian seemed to have fun making them. Of course Elliott decided it might be fun to glue cotton balls to his fingers, too...

Elliott's Evaluation:
I liked to glue the balls on. My sheep has a butt!

And because El thought his sheep needed a buddy, I let him do one on his own while I cleaned up...

No comments:

Post a Comment